This depends on who you think Santa is. Let’s look at our top Santa contenders from yesterday.
- St. Nicholas: Ides of March (March 15), 270.
- Father Christmas: Unknown.
- Santa Claus: This is a recursive question, and I refuse to answer it on the grounds it may break my computer (and I’ve had quite enough of that sort of thing already this year).
- Albert Einstein: March 14, 1879.
- Odin: Unknown.
So there you have it. Two unknowns, one unknowable, and two votes for the middle of March.
Now if you’ll excuse me while I make some quick calculations on my computer….
proc means p1 p25 p50 p75 p99 data=santafile;
Looks like Santa’s birthday is most likely March 15, with a 95% confidence interval of 3.16 (year 0) – 3.14 (year +1).
- Would Santa vacation in Texas? (Caterpickles)
- Are elves real? (Caterpickles)
- How old is Santa? (Caterpickles)