In the news…
Looking at kittens makes you work harder
A new study released this week in Plos One suggests that looking at cute images may actually help your concentration.
Neglected ducks learn to swim
And since we all could use a little help this Friday morning, might I suggest you spend a minute or two looking at this: Neglected ducks learn to swim.
(Less cute: This blog post explaining where the ducks came from.)
Dedham Public Art Project Updates
Bengal Bunny Raffle Tickets Available
For those of you who would like to reap the daily benefits of having a cute image permanently stationed in your own back yard, Dedham Shines announced this week that it will be raffling off Sal D’Antona’s Bengal Bunny. Raffle tickets are $10 each. You can buy your raffle tickets:
- At the Dedham Farmer’s Market (Wednesdays, 12-6 p.m., at the First Church and Parish at 670 High Street)
- At the Fall Fair and Pumpkin Festival (October 21, 10-2 p.m., Dedham Community House at 671 High Street)
- Online through the Dedham Shines website.
Dedham Public Art Project Online Auction
The rest of the bunnies will be auctioned off online. Bidding starts Oct 20, and ends November 3. Place your bid here.
The Rabbit Farewell Open House
Also, save the date for The Rabbit Farewell Open House on November 3. Come see all 15 sculptures assembled in one location, take a few last minute photographs, meet the artists, and learn who won the bunnies at raffle and auction (you do not have to be present to win). The open house will be held at the First Church in Dedham on November 3 from 12-4. Suggested donations: $5/person, $10/family.
Bugs is back
Finally, Bugs is back. This week he’s making friends with Ear Ye, Ear Ye: A Tail of Dedham Pottery. We are going to miss these bunnies too, Bugs.
Happy Friday, y’all.
- Back Off, Boss: Cute Kitten Videos May Improve Work Performance (healthland.time.com)
- If you want to work harder, put your pet’s picture on your desk (telegraph.co.uk)
- Drop Everything And Watch This Live Kitten Cam! (buzzfeed.com)