Long-time readers know that it is not my practice to burden either of us with a long post on Saturdays, but since I haven’t posted since June 5, I feel as though I should take a moment to explain the Very Great Silence before returning to Caterpickles as usual.
I’ll try to keep it short. This month, instead of posting to Caterpickles, we:
- took a train trip to New York City
- graduated from Kindergarten (well, the Six-Year-Old did–Daddyo and I just cheered her on)
- shed half our stuff
- put the rest of our stuff in storage
- sold our house
- swapped out our two existing cars for one new one
- broke in that new car with an extended road trip through Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana
- moved to Chicago
So, a few things have been going on. Any day now our life will get back to normal, and I’ll be able to tell you about it in more detail. With pictures. Because of course, the other thing that happened is that The Six-Year-Old got a new-to-her grown-up camera and has been busily documenting everything as Caterpickles’ Official Junior Photojournalist.
And as soon as I remember where I packed the cable I need to talk to her camera, I’ll share her pictures with you. In the meantime, you’ll have to make do with mine.
So, what’s been going on in your neck of the woods?