Remember when I said I had a backlog of Mulberry-related incidents to work through? This is what I meant.
The Four-Year-Old: “Mommyo, would Mulberry eat mice?”
The Four-Year-Old: “Why?”
Mommyo: “Because she’s a cat. Cats eat mice.”
The Four-Year-Old: “Does she eat the bones?”
Mommyo: “I don’t know.”
The Four-Year-Old: “Would you ask Caterpickles?”
Sadly, Caterpickles didn’t know any more than I did. So I Asked the iPhone, and found several sites that said yes, when cats eat mice, they eat the bones too. Which makes sense, I suppose, given that mice are so very small. It’s probably too much work to pick out the meat from the bones, even for a meticulous cat like Mulberry.
- R.I.P. Mulberry the Cat, January 1995 – March 2012 (Caterpickles)
- Cat Nutrition, Knowing the Basics (A-House-Full-O-Cats.com)
- Why do cats eat mice? (wiki.answers.com)
- In which The Four-Year-Old invents a new feline punishment (Caterpickles)
- The trouble with nature shows (Caterpickles)
- Is it bad to let your cat catch and eat mice outside the house? (greenanswers.com)