What? A rant about penguins wearing sweaters on a Friday? Science news on a Wednesday? Doesn’t this woman know how important routine is to preschoolers? What the heck is going on?
Obviously, Caterpickles Central has been invaded by mind-control zombie parasites, who are making it impossible for us to keep quiet any longer about:
- The prehistoric kraken who made sculptures out of ichthyosaur bones
- The 1956 video of the now-extinct imperial woodpecker in its natural habitat
- National Geographic’s 9 Spooky New Species list, which incidentally includes a mind-control fungus
- And the mice who lowered their cholesterol by drinking watermelon juice, which is making Momma Caterpickle think there may be something to The Four-Year-Old’s argument that at least some watermelon should appear on her plate at every meal
Or maybe we’re just giddy that those crazy Aussies have found a way to make a health food out of sugar.
Whatever it is, we think it’s safe to say that we’re pretty excited about the news of the week and didn’t want to wait until Friday to share it.
- See the Only Known Images of the Lost Imperial Woodpecker [Video] (birds.cornell.edu)
- New Footage of Imperial Woodpecker [Distribution] (featherflower.wordpress.com)
- Mystery birds: Imperial woodpecker, Campephilus imperialis; ivory-billed woodpecker, C. principalis; pileated woodpecker, Dryocopus pileatus | @GrrlScientist | Punctuated Equilibrium (guardian.co.uk)