What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week?
Our mostly-weekly survey of the tidbits that cross The Eight-Year-Old’s desk. This week, The Eight-Year-Old asked me to run a special all-comic book edition to commemorate the start of Spring Break Season.
A sampling of this week’s books:
- The Best of Mutts by Patrick McDonnell
- The Complete Peanuts 1999-2000 by Charles Schulz
- Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons by Bill Watterson
- FoxTrotius Maximus by Bill Amend
It’s hard to say that The Eight-Year-Old is reading these books this particular week, because she dips into these books pretty much every week. However, with Spring Break season upon us, she has already informed me that these books will be all she’s reading while school’s out. She has kiboshed every single chapter book I’ve suggested for the Spring Break reading list, even the ones with dragons. The Eight-Year-Old means business.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go off into the corner and practice my Spring Break mantra: “Reading comic books is better than watching TV — Reading comic books is better than watching TV — Reading comic books is better than watching TV” because it’s not working yet. Must be something wrong with the way I’m saying it.
A sampling of this week’s news:
- Watch rare video of a moose shedding its antlers (National Geographic)
- Craft project for Spring Break: Simple beaded bookmarks (Craft Floozy)
- Not just tigers and rhinos: These homely animals are prized by poachers (Washington Post)
- What’s The Seven-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- More Book Reviews on Caterpickles
What are you thinking?