What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week?
Our mostly-weekly survey of the tidbits that cross The Eight-Year-Old’s desk. This week, The Eight-Year-Old finally agrees to read that book Mommyo’s been pestering her about for ages, discovers the joy of fables, and makes her paper slicks just a tad more artistic.
A sampling of this week’s books:
- From the Mixed-Up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
- Aesop’s Fables by Ann McGovern
- Star Wars Origami by Chris Alexander
Oh, paper, how fervently and faithfully The Eight-Year-Old has loved you over the years. I still remember receiving little Ziploc baggies full of carefully snipped bits of computer paper from The (then) Four-Year-Old’s preschool teacher, and how fiercely The (then) Four-Year-Old defended her right to keep those little bits forever.
Thankfully, The Eight-Year-Old’s passion for snipping up paper has evolved into a passion for folding up paper. The Eight-Year-Old was extremely excited to find a copy of Star Wars Origami this week. She’s been folding Yodas and Darth Vaders all week, and scattering them around the house in hopes of enticing Daddyo to play another round of Star Wars Battlefront.
Personally, I’m hoping she figures out the Millenium Falcon in time for Father’s Day. Wouldn’t that be awesome? (Shhh! Don’t tell Daddyo!)
A sampling of this week’s news:
- Polar Adventure Days on Chicago’s Northerly Islands, Feb 20, 2016 at 12 p.m., Free. (TimeOut Chicago)
- Natural History Museums Are Teeming With Undiscovered Species (The Atlantic)
- Rare harvest mice return to Hampshire village where they were first discovered (The Guardian)
- What’s The Seven-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- More Book Reviews on Caterpickles
- Operation Paper Slick (Caterpickles)
What are you thinking?