Our mostly-weekly survey of the tidbits that cross The Eight-Year-Old’s desk. This week, The Eight-Year-Old reads her first Terry Pratchett story.
A sampling of this week’s books:
- The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppet by Tom Angleberger
- Dragons at Crumbling Castle and Other Tales by Terry Pratchett
- Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
Our unusually happy reading streak continues this week with a momentous discovery. Terry Pratchett, one of my favorite fantasy writers, also wrote children’s books. What’s more, The Eight-Year-Old is exactly the right age to read them. This discovery prompted much joy on Mommyo’s part and launched more than a few giggles from The Eight-Year-Old, who read her first Terry Pratchett story on our Very Large and Very Red Reading Couch.
I’m going to be stuck with that couch forever now. The Eight-Year-Old has informed me that it’s hallowed ground.
In the news:
- Meet the Welsh dinosaur scientists have dubbed the ‘dragon robber’ (Washington Post)
- Horned dinosaurs may have used their frills to flirt (National Geographic)
- Titanosaur display video shows new dinosaur taking up two rooms (Slate)