A sampling of this week’s books:
- The ASPCA Complete Cat Care Manual by Bruce Fogle
- The Python Problem (Pet Vet) by Darrel and Sally Odgers
- Cranky Paws (Pet Vet) by Darrel and Sally Odgers
Hmm…. what could possibly be on The Eight-Year-Old’s mind?
The Eight-Year-Old has been quite concerned by news that her cousin’s cat has been peeing unrestrainedly all over their house. This is not approved cat behavior, and has The Eight-Year-Old mulling over potential causes. That explains why the ASPCA Cat Care Manual is sitting on her desk. Also, very likely Cranky Paws.
But The Python Problem? We are so not getting a snake. Daddyo was very clear about that. That discarded snake-skin her Grandpa Howell sent her is as close as The Eight-Year-Old will ever be to having an actual snake in the house. And she’ll only get to keep that as long as she keeps it squirreled away where Mommyo won’t find it.
The Eight-Year-Old, you’re on notice. Or should I say, Grandpa Howell, you’re on notice. No more snake skins, dude. We’re at quota.
In the news:
- Sanctuary for Senior Pets Lets Aging Cats and Dogs Shine Bright in their Senior Years (Huffington Post)
- Awesome Raccoon Taunts Cats, Steals Their Food, and Wins Hearts (Huffington Post)
- Houston Could Replace Chicago as America’s Third Biggest City by 2025 (Huffington Post)
Looking back over the article list this week, I’m a little appalled by how much time I spent reading the Huffington Post archives with The Eight-Year-Old.