Our once-again-mostly-weekly survey of the tidbits that cross The Eight-Year-Old’s desk. This week, The Eight-Year-Old reads a lot of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle and buries my inbox in animal stories.
A sampling of this week’s books:
At the height of the summer, The Eight-Year-Old discovered Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle in a used book store near Canandaigua Lake, New York. For those of you not familiar with the series, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle specializes in magically silly cures for Answer-Backers, Never-Want-to-Go-to-Bedders, and bored children afflicted with a terrible case of the dreaded Waddle-I-Do disease. I loved the books as a child, and it was great fun to hear The Eight-Year-Old chortle her way through them too.
- Hello, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle’s Farm by Betty MacDonald
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle’s Magic by Betty MacDonald
In the news:
The Eight-Year-Old’s least favorite part of summer is the part where Mommyo takes time off from Caterpickles. When Caterpickles is offline, The Eight-Year-Old can’t share fun news stories like this:
Disneyland finds balance with feral cats (Alley Cat Allies)
(Ok, that last one came from Daddyo.)
Fortunately, I’m back, so now she/he/we can.
- What’s The Seven-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- More Book Reviews on Caterpickles