This week on Through the Lens, The Five-Year-Old visits Jester by Liza Abelson. Local readers can find Jester at the Dolan Center at 269 Common Street.
In April of this year, after 20 years of juggling both a day-time job and art, Liza Abelson decided to pursue her art full-time. She opened a studio south of Boston called Dasken Designs, where she spends her time painting, making stained glass, and creating jewelry.
Like many freelance artists, she’s spent her summer making the rounds of the New England arts and crafts shows. Local readers can find her at Festival Fete in East Greenwich, RI on September 1 and 2; the Codman Estate Fine Art Festival in Lincoln, MA on September 8; and the PolyArts Festival in Hopkinton, MA on September 15. (Find Abelson’s complete show schedule here.)
Ms. Abelson, The Five-Year-Old and I are rooting for you.
And with that, The Five-Year-Old presents Jester by Liza Abelson.
From the side.
From the other side.
From the back.
And finally, “The Bunny Eye-View.”
The Five-Year-Old: “Mommyo, you forgot to include the close-up of the ammonite.”
The Five-Year-Old: “Perfect!”
Be sure to tune in next week, when The Five-Year-Old visits Regal Rabbit by Catherine Gruetzke-Blais.
Jester (c) 2012 Liza Abelson
- Meet the Artists and their Rabbits (Dedham Shines)
- Liza Abelson’s art studio, Dasken Designs (lizaabelson.com)
- Dasken Designs on Facebook (chock full of information about her upcoming shows)
- Dasken Designs blog
- Through the Lens of The Five-Year-Old: The Dedham Public Art Project (Caterpickles)
- Online and iPhone-friendly Map to the Dedham Bunnies (everytrail.com)