What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week?
Our mostly-weekly survey of the tidbits that cross The Eight-Year-Old’s desk. This week, The Eight-Year-Old is shocked to learn that Mommyo has never read Judy Blume and takes steps to rectify that Great Injustice immediately.
A sampling of this week’s books:
In the Before Times, as we like to refer to Mommyo’s elementary schooling here at Caterpickles, Judy Blume books were banned from my school library. Which is how I have achieved this Very Great Age without ever reading one. I mentioned this to The Eight-Year-Old one day when I found her buried nose deep in Judy Blume’s Double Fudge. She immediately slammed it shut and handed it to me.
The Eight-Year-Old, firmly: “Mommyo, you have GOT to read this.”
Mommyo: “Don’t you want to finish it first?”
The Eight-Year-Old: “It’s ok. I’ve read it twice already. Judy Blume is my absolute favorite author.”
Given the number of Ivy & Bean books that have passed through our house recently, I would have thought Annie Barrows was The Eight-Year-Old’s favorite author. Apparently not.
In the news:
- Another deadly snake species discovered in Australia (Huffington Post)
- How to grow a big alum crystal (Chemistry.about.com)
- Paleo Profile: Lightning Claw (National Geographic Phenomena)
- What’s The Seven-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- What’s The Eight-Year-Old reading this week? (Caterpickles)
- More Book Reviews on Caterpickles
What are you thinking?