Hey iPhone and Android users!
Do you want to read Caterpickles on the train, at the park, in the shopping mall, around the water cooler at work, over coffee, at the airport, in the elevator, or at the gym without having to type in a URL every time?
Or do you just want to boast to your friends that you can design your own apps? (OK, it’s not really an app, but it acts like one.)
Now you can!
If you have an iPhone:
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
2. Type in caterpickles.com.
3. Hit Go.
5. When Caterpickles comes up, open the Actions menu.
6. Select Add to Home Screen.
7. Locate your new free Caterpickles app (hint: look for the bright blue Caterpillar), and enjoy the luxury of receiving daily Caterpickles updates (no subscription required!) on your iPhone wherever you are.
If you have an Android:
1.) Open browser and navigate to http://www.caterpickles.com.
2) Add bookmark.
3) Return to phone and choose screen where you want the app to display.
4) Hold screen until menu pops up.
5) From here you have 2 choices:
EITHER Add as a widget:
- Choose “Widgets”
- Choose “Bookmarks Widget (Visual Bookmarks)
- Select the bookmarks that you want to view.
This will create a box that holds a bunch of bookmarks for instant access.
OR Add as a shortcut
- Choose “Shortcut”
- Choose “Bookmark”
- Choose the specific bookmark you wish to add.
(Many many thanks to Stacy Crosby (@StacyCrosby) for the detailed Android instructions!)
(Did I mention it’s free?)